Are you interested in being involved in your community in a unique, fun and rewarding way? Smilezone Foundation is seeking outgoing and friendly volunteers to assist at the Raptors 905 50/50 home games! Volunteers would be responsible for selling 50/50 tickets during the game to help raise funds to support Smilezone Foundation's mission, all while having fun and connecting with their community!
Smilezone Foundation is a registered charity in Oakville Ontario which works directly with hospitals, health care facilities, treatment and rehabilitation centres. Smilezone Foundation renovates spaces within these organizations to make them more comforting and fun for children and families accessing services, helping to make their day a little brighter! We do this by adding vibrant paint colours, engaging murals, sensory tools and equipment, technology and more! We believe that all children deserve to smile, no matter what circumstances they are facing! All monies raised during the Raptors 905 50/50 season (November 2018 - April 2019) will go directly towards the upcoming project at ErinoakKids Centre for Treatment and Development in Mississauga, ON. ErinoakKids is the largest Children's Treatment Centre in Canada, serving more than 16,000 families and children each year.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Educating the community on Smilezone Foundations mission and objective
- Selling 50/50 tickets at the Raptors 905 games
- Operate electronic 50/50 technology and software
- Collecting funds and distributing 50/50 tickets to purchasers
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organization skills
- Demonstrates a friendly, outgoing and calm demeanor
- Ability to work with others in a small group setting
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a busy setting
- Comfortable learning and using new technology and software systems
- Basic math skills
- Experience handling merchandise
- Retail/sales or fundraising experience considered an asset
- MUST be 18+ years old to apply
- AGCO requires anyone selling or buying lottery tickets to be 18+ years of age.
- Have access to transportation to and from the Paramount Fine Foods Centre in Mississauga (previously known as the Hershey's Centre)
Recruiting and training process
- Provide 3 references (1 personal, 2 professional)
- Be able to provide a copy of a valid government documentation (drivers licence, health card or passport)
- Complete an interview
- Complete volunteer orientation
- Training of electronic technology will be provided on site by the service provider
Smilezone Foundation hosts between 10 and 20 50/50 games per season (November 2018 to April 2019). We are seeking volunteers who are interested in attending 50% or more of the games. The overall time commitment per game is 4-6 hours.
Interested parties are encouraged to send their resume to Kelsey, Special Events Coordinator, at email@example.com. Please do not hesitate to reach out for more information or visit our website at www.smilezone.com!
For other information regarding Smilezone Foundation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-951-2978.